Exposition:
I've always thought my head was quite "over average" and I knew it came with a funny story. I don't really remember the details, but I wasn't surprised when my mom told me the story. The story begins when I was only 2 years old. My parents and I decided to go to the mountains for fresh air. Since I could barely walk at that age, me and my dad didn’t go up to hike, while my mom thought she needed some exercise. If she knew what would happen after, she probably wouldn’t have left. After my mom left, I decided to become a risk-taker and tried to walk by myself. My dad, who was too busy setting up the tent that he didn't notice that I left. I was doing well until I arrived on a downhill. At that time since I was a baby, I wasn't scared of anything and decided to foolishly walk down the hill.
Rising Action:
After a few steps though, something tragic and funny happened. At age 2, I had a pretty big head that weighed more than my body, and when I went down the hill I lost my balance. I fell down head first then rolled all the way down the hill. I found my self faced down on the bottom of the hill. I was in such a shock that I didn't know what happened to me and all I could see is red liquid dripping down from my head. I hoped that I would continue not to feel any pain, but it soon struck me like a knife, and it was the most painful 5 minutes of my life.
Climax:
My dad rushed to my side but he had no idea what to do with me. He was just as shocked as I was, and so the only thing he could think of was taking me to a near water fountain and wash the blood off my head. However, most of you know that, adding water to a wound makes it sting even more. That is why I cried even harder until it got so loud that my mom heard it and rushed back down.
Falling Action:
Luckily my mom was nurse, and she knew how to deal with these kinds of situation. She rapped my head with my cloths so that it will stop the bleeding temporarily, then called 911. I was taken to children's hospital right away, and luckily I survived after being stitched up.
Resolution:
After that incident, I was told that I never tried to go down a hill without grabbing my parent’s hand and also that I got special training to balance my big head with my body.
Conflict:
I was being foolish to walk down a hill when clearly I still didn’t have a good balance and for that all I got was a long stitch on my head.
About me
Hi guys. My name is Daniel and I am currently going to an international school in Daejon, Korea. I am currently 14 years old. I have created a blog for my English 9 class and hope you guys enjoy it :) Have fun~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is a sad (yet slightly comical) story! Most of the sections reflect that you understand plot structure. My one question for you: how do you change in the climax of this story? I am not sure that the place you have marked as the climax is actually the point where things begin to shift. Usually a decision is made or something happens that changes the protagonist (main character). Do you think there is another moment in this story that might be more appropriate as the climax?
ReplyDelete