About me

Hi guys. My name is Daniel and I am currently going to an international school in Daejon, Korea. I am currently 14 years old. I have created a blog for my English 9 class and hope you guys enjoy it :) Have fun~

Tuesday, 11 August 2009

About English 9

Since this blog is made for English 9, I will talk about reading. Currently I consider myself a fluent reader because I have lived in United States for 3/4 of my life and during that time I learned how to read and how to enjoy reading. For this reason, I have found reading a very enjoyable "hobby" and also became very skillful at reading. However, this doesn't mean I have mastered the art of reading. I am still lacking skills in many areas. For example, I would say the weakest part for me would be vocabulary. Sometimes I would find a vocab word that I don't understand leading me to be confused about the story. This can be fixed if I search the words that I don't understand which will also help me to improve on my vocabulary skills. In my opinion, I think literature is a different type of "entertainment" to my life. When I get tired of electronics and my hobbies, I would turn to literature books for my entertainment. Now to prepare for my upcoming lessons on reading, I could visit the library and just practice reading by reading fun novels. This might sound like it's nothing, but it actually helps your reading skills. So I hope to have fun in English 9 and also in this blog, so have fun watching me learn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment