What is a literary theme? Provide an explanation and the 3 one statement examples of a literary theme that reveals truth about the universal human experience
A literary them, also known as theme, is an theoretical idea that is expressed by a work of literature. So what it means is that it is not literal. It is not stated in the text, but its the inner meaning that we could figure out. These themes could be just about anything such as love, honesty, beauty, or anything that we can't see with our naked eyes. Literary Theme reveals another portion of God's creativity when he created us, because he gave us the gift to analyze a literal term and interpret it to the actual meaning. I'm sure no matter how smart we might get, or how advanced our technology might get, we will never be able to create a ability such as the one God created.
what is the theme of your life as you see it right now?
Every person has a theme in their life. Weather it is a bad theme or a good theme, it does not matter. I too am a person and therefore have a theme in my life. At first I didn't know this was my theme of life, but once I started to think about it, it became clear. My theme would be responsibility is success.. My social status is currently a student, and responsibility is the key to success. As students, we are given many home works, projects, and test to make sure we are getting the right education. It is our responsibility as students, to accomplish these home works and projects, and also to practice for the test so that we are successful and achieve a high level of grade. If we don't reach these expectation of responsibility, then we are the ones who fail in life, and that is why I think the only way to be successful as a student is to be responsible.
In you opinion what is the theme of god's plan for this world?
Just like I have mentioned in the previous question, every human has a theme in their life. I'm sure that God also has a theme planned for this world. I believe that the theme God has set for us is love. In the bible, it is mentioned multiple times to love each other and our neighbors. I believe that God is reminding us constantly to love our neighbors, our family, and even God because love is such a strong power. By loving each other, all hatred, and malice feelings in the world are vanished. However, we aren't capable of fully accomplishing this because of 'sin' and satant, which leads to violence, war, and murders. It is a very tragic thing that we can't accomplish this, but that is why it's a goal God has made for himself and the theme of this world. One attempt we could see that he made was when he sent his only son Jesus, into this world. He accomplished half of his goals because by sacrificing his son, he saved us from sin. Now, we are waiting for his second attempt and hope that one day, this world cruel world will be filled with love and kindness.
1. How can you figure out a theme in a short story? describe the process
It is very challenging to define a them in a story. Since theme is not something literal, we can't really tell just by reading what the story is saying. Especially in a short story, it is more difficult since the story is more short. However, if I use the right steps and process to ananlyze the theme, then it is piece of cake. First, you've got to understand what the text is saying. Even thought theme can't be found in the literal text, you've got to atleast understand the basic meaning so that you could use it as a hint.For example, when we say "She gave him a chocolate on valentines", we can't tell that the theme is that she likes him, but from what we read, we can tell that by giving him a chocalte on valentines, it is showing sign that she likes him. Next you relate to that to your personal experinece, just like how I knew when you give a chocolate on valentines that it is a symbol of showing love. Finally you come up with a conclusion by mixing the conclusions to come up with the theme. The statement above is showing the theme love.
2. What is the theme of The Utterly Perfect Murder and how does this theme relate to you own life
In the story The Utterly Perfect Murder, the theme of it I think will be past grievencess. It is about a man, at 47, trying to get revenge on his boyhood friend and bully, Ralph Underhood. From this we could conclude that the story is about some kind of revenge. Next, we know its a revenge on a event that occured long long time ago, which means the cause of revenge is in the past. When we put these conclusions together, we come up with the them past grievencess, which caused this story to start. This theme kinda relates to my life because even though I'm still young and haven't got any serious thought of killing someone, but I did have one time where I wanted revenge. It was when I was at 1st grade, and while I was walking by the hall way, and a fellow student just smacked me in the face for no reason. I got so angry that I wanted a revenge, but I couldn't because for one thing, everyone knew I was a PK (pastor's kid), and I was suppose to be this 'good' boy always being... good. So I never got my revenge, but I always kept that past grievencess until this day.
3. How is a moral of a story different from a theme
A story always comes with both moral and a theme. If theme is a human, than moral is the shadow of the human. They support each other, but they are also different in many ways. A theme is an insight of human life or a way of life found in the story. However, a moral is a lesson learned after reading the story. A moral is chosen before writing the story, and a them is built as the story builds up with it. Which means the author set the moral as a goal, and a theme as minor missions to accomplish. This means that theme was not set on purpose and was naturally created as the stroy continued, while the moral was chosen before the story was created.
4. Read John 3 :16 is this a theme statement for god's story how does this relate to the truth you might find in literature
In John 3:16, it is mentioned that God loved us so dearly that he sacrificed his one and only son for us. Now in this verse the theme is God's love toward us, and it is shown through Jesus' sacrifice. This can relate to literature often because in most stories and novels, there is atleast one moment in the story where the protagonist makes a sacrifice. Also, most of the times it is made for their love ones or something they care about. That is why this verse relates to many literature, being the most common the in most literatures.
About me
Hi guys. My name is Daniel and I am currently going to an international school in Daejon, Korea. I am currently 14 years old. I have created a blog for my English 9 class and hope you guys enjoy it :) Have fun~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment